Tiny Dragons is an exciting new class for children aged 3 to 5 years. It has been designed to allow kids to get involved at an early age in Martial Arts and get a head start in becoming active for life. Each class will develop their fitness, agility, coordination, reaction time and concentration while at the same time learning Olympic style Taekwondo in a fun environment.
Parents are welcome and encouraged to stay and watch the classes.
ACE Taekwondo is one of the handfuls of academies in Canada that is involved in Long Term Athlete Development (LTAD) through the National Coaching Certification Program (NCCP) as required by Taekwondo Canada.
As part of the ‘Taekwondo for Life’ lifecycle, the 3 to 5 year old ‘Active Start’ phase objectives include:
- Initiating foundation motor skills (ABC’s = Agility, Balance, Coordination) to enhance body awareness.
- Teaching basic punches, blocks, kicks and stance.
- Allowing opportunity for play and creativity
- Participating in fun activities in a structured program.
- Providing positive role modeling for expected behaviour.
- Developing positive interaction with others by implementing activities that require cooperation and sharing.
- Using simple games to develop the mind to think and react quickly.